To support cultural organizations as they grow their audience, CCAC and Steppenwolf Theatre Company are pleased to offer short-term accessible equipment loans to Chicago-area cultural organizations. The CCAC & Steppenwolf Accessible Equipment Loan Program is made possible through funding by the PERT Foundation and Michael and Mona Heath Fund.
The following equipment is available to borrow at no charge to nonprofit arts and cultural organizations in the Chicago area:
Stationary Audio Description Kit
- Includes stationary FM transmitter, headsets and portable induction hearing "neck" loops, and stenographer mask.
- Facilitating delivery of live audio description by a trained Audio Describer, this equipment benefits visitors who are blind or have low vision in a stationary performance or lecture setting.
Stationary Assistive Listening System
- Includes stationary FM transmitter, headsets and portable induction hearing "neck" loops.
- When connected to your organization's PA system, transmits mic'd sound directly to headsets (or neck loops) and earphones worn by guests who have low hearing.
Portable FM Assistive Listening System
- Includes portable microphone and transmitter, headsets, portable induction hearing "neck" loops.
- This equipment benefits visitors who have hearing loss in a tour setting, or for venues without an amplification system.
DIY Captioning Equipment
- Your organization may choose between either a digital projector and screen or one or two 43" flat-screen televisions -- whatever best supports your presentation.
- In facilitating the presentation of Open Captioning, this equipment benefits visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing (as well as many from the general public).
HOW TO BORROW
Nonprofit cultural organizations in the Chicago area may email equipment requests or questions to email@example.com
, and can expect to receive detailed instructions for next steps, including an in-person orientation training for first-time borrowers. Please note: emailing a request does not guarantee use of the equipment.